It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:54 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Syclone 2010 mods
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:05 am 

Winter is getting closer, and i'll park the Syclone for a couple months. I'd like to swap some parts for next year but i'm not sure what....

What's in it so far.
-Stock block .030 overbore, with billet 4-bolt splayed caps, and a Melling HV pump
-stock crank, Eagle ESP H-beams, and TRW dished pistons
-Turbotime custom grind 218/218-.535/.522, Comp 875s, and hardened pushrods with ProMag 1.6 self-align rockers
-L35 heads, with mildly ported runners, 2.02/1.60 valves, and LS1 beehive springs
-stock intake manifold, and plenum, throttlebody, intercooler, and exhaust manifolds
-72mm GTQ journal bearing, with a homemade 3" downpipe, and Tial 38mm wastegate
-homemade twin in-tank Walbro HP255s, -8 and -6 AN fuel lines, stock rail, billet AFPR, and Siemens 65# hi-Z injectors
-Razor's alky kit, comes on at 10psi, full pressure at 19psi, max boost at 24psi
-stock dizzy, with a fresh rebuild, MSD cap/rotor, MSD blaster coil, MSD-6AL box, Taylor 8.8 wires and UR5s
-stock water pump, flexalite radiator, flexalite e-fan, auxiliary cooler plumbed into stock W2A, and heater core plumbed into W2A
-built 700R4, old style 9/11 rebuilt to 3400rpms
-stock transfercase, stock rearend with Trickflow girdle
-stock front discs (switching to LS1 discs this winter), rear LS1 discs
-front end limiters, Belltech drop leaf springs, ZQ8 steering box, and solid steering shaft
-stock wheels / and 1989 vette wheels 17x9.5

i'm thinking a torque converter swap, or maybe a head upgrade to vortecs. and other ideas?? i'm looking for a weakspot in the build.

Post subject: Re: Syclone 2010 mods
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:05 am 
Site Admin

yeah id probably consider doing a nice set of heads. you can also ponder the newer style billet compressor wheels that are out now. they have faster spoolup and more top end at the same time.

let me know if you want me to work you a set of heads i have a few sets that are already partially finished.

e