It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:25 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:55 pm 

Well, this dyno might not seem impressive from a drag racers standpoint but for how I want the car to react its great. The boltons are very similar what my car has/will have. The turbo is a Garrett GT2871R, T2 size flange, with external gate and .64 a/r turbine housing. So far, as much as my research has turned up, some turbos may flow a little more and have similar boost threshold, and create a little more power up top, but the transient response, which the dyno doesnt show, should be pretty much unbeatable.

Some guys are debating whether or not stepping up to another cam will help. The limiting size of the turbine flange, while hindering top HP, still is what allows for its excellent response. As always, there are trade offs. Often times the HP starts to fall off toward the redline when reaching 400 hp on SR20's. Not the case here. If overall flow of the engine was increased in anyway, the intake mani or turbine housing may become the next limiting factor. This is probably the most well balanced set-up I can think of where the parts all work together very well. Possibly with cams/head work, 400 HP might be acheivable. This is on 93 octane btw. With race gas more boost is possible obviously. But getting there on 93 would be INSANE. Not to mention this is all bolt-on hence the most cost effective set-up off all that I've thought about. Probably very reliable as well since its still within the nominal power handling capability of the chassis, tranny, drivetrain, etc.

Setup:
Garrett 2871R .64
Jim Wolf S3 cams
bobo bottom mount mani
650cc deatchwerks (sp)
hks divided o2 housing
SS Autochrome 3" from o2 housing back
forge motorsport fmic
forge motorsport mbc
forge motorsport adjustable actuator
z32 mafs
apexi filter
enthalpy ecu
z32 tranny
stock redtop SR20 otherwise

Well, when/if my roomate situation improves I should be able to continue with my project again.

Feedback please.

240sx #2 Aka "Turbo Ant Farm"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:06 pm 

I think that with the external gated turbo I'll gain 20 hp and 10 ftlbs of torque over the internal gated version (what this guy is running). I should be able to use my current exh. manifold too. (Hoping I can find someone that has nice welding skills to put the wg on.

240sx #2 Aka "Turbo Ant Farm"