It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:19 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:57 pm 

Mmmmmmmmm BACON....... Oh ya, cool house too ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

this weekend we finished up trimming out the beam supporting the roof. it doesnt look like anything really crazy, but its 35' in the air. hahaha

we also finished trimming out the window wall in the master bedroom.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

The most recent project has been trying to finish up the structured wiring panel, the automation panel, the lighting relay panel and the cameras. So far iv been able to add a few devices to the automation panel and get the system to accept them.... still got a long ways to go on that. I have a lot of learning to do. I did however mount the new 24 port switch, the patch panel, the ATT gateway, and 2 cisco wireless access points, and get them all working. (big thanks to paul patrick for the help with the cisco gear) the switch came with some brackets but of course they wouldn't fit in the panel so i went out to the machine shop and made them myself. everything custom fits better ;) lol

e

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

so i noticed that when its winter and more than one person takes a shower we run low on hot water. I also noticed that the jacuzi runs out of hot water when its half full, and i have to wait for the on board heater to heat up the water to really enjoy it. so i bought a new waterheater that uses a mini heatpump on top. its supposed to be crazy efficient and save me lots of money on my power bill. Also the tax breaks are to expire on dec 31st so i had to buy it before the cut off, to take advantage of the $300 credit. its jan 13th now and i havnt yet installed it, but its because i got side tracked with something. I wanted to install the waterheater and after great thought i picked out a place i feel is good. i started figuring out how i was going to build the unistrut frame to hold the lines, pump, expansion tank, and the conduit to power it. The area i was going to put some of that stuff is a little busy, and its bothered my that i hadnt done a neater job of the panels, network, power, and automation on the back wall. I started with 2 full sized panels, maxed them out quickly, and have been applying bandaids ever since. the new goal is to work from left to right and completely redo everything to the very best of my ability.

e

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

so after studying the layout and coming up with a game plan, step 1 was to remove a section of plywood backboard, remove 2 small panels, install unistrut, and install 2 additional full sized panels. The photo below shows the current panel layout and the approximate location for the new waterheater.

e

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:53 pm 
Site Admin

panel #3 has been removed, and panel #4 is hanging by conduit, the plywood has been cut and removed, and the unistrut is installed, new panel #3 is hung!

e

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

panels 1-3 are looking good, just need to figure out power, and move to #4!

e

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

so I'm trying to master plan how this is all going to work out, and i haven't done full drawings....only sketches..... so i kinda know what i need but i haven't planned for everything just yet. If you look along the bottom of the panels there are receptacles installed with 1/2 conduit run from the equipment panel. I want (2) 20a circuits in the new panel #4 so that i can split them up to power whatever i might want via relay. I think the best and easiest way to do this is to upgrade the existing conduit run to 3/4" rather than 1/2" and keep it simple. Also I'm thinking if i need more than (2) 20a circuits i would probably remote mount the controls.

e

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

got panel #4 removed, and started the 3/4" piping. Another obstacle has been minimizing downtime..... iv been plugging the network and automation system into an extension cord so that i don't cause anyone headache with not having internet. Roomates are not happy when network is down!

e

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:18 pm 
Site Admin

making more progress!

got all the power conduit finished up. ran (2) 20a circuits to the panel, and mounted the cover on it. temporaried the power to the LED's till i can get the relay expansion module. also went ahead and mounted the water line back to the wall now that the piping is all done.

e

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:00 am 
Site Admin

So i got busy in autocad and went to laying out the new panel (panel #4) The plan was to provide (2) 20A circuits inside and breaker protection for the small LED loads, and tons of additional space for inputs and outputs for the rainwater system.

e

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:02 am 
Site Admin

I was so excited when all my new parts came in from automation direct. It was all i could do to wait till sunday to put everything together.

e

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19