It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:57 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19 Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:26 am 
Site Admin

been working really hard trying to finish up the stairs. all the steel fabrication is done, painting is done, and the cable system has been started...... need a few specialty tools to finish up the cables. still need to make all the hickory stair treads.

e

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:34 am 
Site Admin

all the doors are finished with 2 coats of stain and 3 coats of urethane!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:44 pm 
Site Admin

all the doors are installed with hardware, and the hardwood flooring has been installed!

e

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:35 am 

Looking REALLY good E!

240sx #2 Aka "Turbo Ant Farm"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:04 pm 
Site Admin

we have moved into the house, and we are all finished fighting with the town of cary and 4oaks bank. the kitchen/dining/pantry/laundry floor is all finished up. its a marbled silver color, with stripes of quartz that varies from pink to blood red. kinda kool. we have also finished up most of the trim boards on the main level. heres a picture of the large double sliding door that connects the deck to the dining area. its kinda crazy to look back at the oak boards after they are installed, knowing they came from trees onsite, and they were planed and finished right here in the garage.

e

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

so we picked up some heavy gauge steel components to build out the closet and pantry with. unfortunately the closet components ended up being the wrong parts so that project is on hold till we can exchange some pieces. however the pantry went pretty straight forward. i attached the posts to the wall via the studs, and the base sits on the floor. once i got it mounted to the wall i hung from the top shelf to see how strong it is. we finished off the installation with a motion sensor, and wall mounted lighting above the doorway, illuminating the shelving/food from the top. open the door and the light comes on. close the door and it goes off 20 seconds later.

e

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:38 am 

Seeing those pics just made me feel terrible that I still haven't seen your daughter in person. :cry:

240sx #2 Aka "Turbo Ant Farm"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

today we got the glass installed in the main floor shower and lower level guest shower.

e

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:29 am 
Site Admin

starting the work on the man cave! (ok its really just the living room)

we have been finishing up another batch of 3/4" x 4" quarter sawn white oak for a couple weeks now getting ready to start on the basement level. This weekend we finished up the overhead hardwood drop downs, and got a good potion of the trim installed as well.

e

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

working hard on the back window wall...... its a little slow going because its so high in the air and theres so many pieces that case in the windows. Also finished the large sliding door in the basement. looks good :)

e

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

so i have been struggling with the can lights in the hardwood drop downs. i haven't been able to find a trim that i like. i started with the white one that we were using everywhere else...... didn't like that at all. then i special ordered some specular trims..... and when they got here i realized they had white rings. fail #2. so i was looking online and i found come copper trims that i really liked but they were uber expensive, and i really liked the specular silver inside. so i went to Lowe's and bought a can of copper spray paint with metallic fleck. FINALLY! my multiple personalities all agree that this trim looks good :)......and i can stop talking to myself.

e

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:32 pm 
Site Admin

been working a LOT on this window wall. we are 4 weekends into it now and its going really well. should be finished this saturday.

e

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:22 pm 
Site Admin

e

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:23 am 
Site Admin

WOO-HOO! the monster window wall is totally finished :)
that was a LOT of work.
it will be nice to get this scaffolding out of the house.

e

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:28 am 
Site Admin

Big thanks to Carter Dickinson at KB Stephens for donating the focal point light fixture for my bathroom! Its kinda hard to get a good photo of this fixture so bare with me :)

here it is a year after i moved in, and i'm just now getting used to this touch screen cooktop. i keep trying to set things on top of the buttons, and it will get mad at me and start beeping like crazy. hahahaha

e

Last edited by e-rue on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19 Next