It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:52 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:55 am 
Site Admin

took the smallish baer brake kit off the typhoon and put it on the syclone. you can see theres a pretty big difference in rotor size.

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:59 am 
Site Admin

this wont take too long to install......

bleeding!

finished project

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:08 am 
Site Admin

finally got around to yanking the motor out of the typhoon..... as it turns out its been rebuilt and they used the wrong headgaskets. both gaskets were blown between all 6 cylinders and one had a minor coolant issue. im really glad we took this motor out because the bottom end is fine. so we are gonna put it back together with a vortec top end and then drive it around some more :)

buena is dissassembling the motor. she has a plastic bag over the lifter valley so we dont drop anything into the motor.

e

Last edited by e-rue on Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:47 am 
Site Admin

got the vortec heads ported....... and sitting on the block (test fit)

and the intake has been welded up and resurfaced.

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:30 am 
Site Admin

we got the custom cam in finally. i was really debating on weather i wanted a cam at all but im glad i decided to go in that direction because we found a "loose as a goose" timing chain that really needed replacing. buena wasted no time tearing into the bottom and and getting it put back together. now it has a nice double roller chain, and a new crank seal.

e

Last edited by e-rue on Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:36 am 
Site Admin

i started the slow process of removing an obserd amount of material from the intake manifold to make it match up with these tall port vortec heads. its going pretty good so far but i still have a long ways to go. it takes tons of time to take away so much material. we are also adding an extra 3/8" NPT bung hole to the intake manifold for a coolant temp switch to trigger the relays for the electric fans. also, someone stole my old camera but i got a new one for xmas so this is the last time you will have to look at crunchy camera phone photos. lol

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:44 pm 
Site Admin

had a little more material added to the outside. the aluminum was getting too thin to go as deep as i wanted to.

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

well we ended up not being happy with the bottom end....... the cylinder wall was scuffed in one cylinder, and it was already bored .040 over. once i had decided to go with a new ballance shaft block i changed my mind on the heads as well. heres the brodix as they were delivered. i made these heads custom by ordering them with the smaller port option, the 2.05" intake valve, straight plug, then i further modified them by removing the pushrod guides and screw in studs, so i could use custom built shaft mounted rockers. then we removed all the steel retainers, and installed modified valve seals on the exhaust side, and titanium retainers. a little port work doesnt hurt either.

e

Last edited by e-rue on Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:36 am 
Site Admin

making progress...... mabe one day this thing will run again. this is the TSB timing chain tensioner kit for ballance shaft motors. pretty much required any time your doing our custom grind cams in a new style 4.3

e

Last edited by e-rue on Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:30 am 
Site Admin

made a little more progress this weekend. got the brodix heads on the block and torqued to spec. i also started setting up the rockers and making sure the stock length pushrods would work.

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:13 pm 
Site Admin

cleaned up the oil pan in the parts washer, welded an oil return bung onto the side of it, and installed the pan with a new GM gasket.

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:02 pm 

Is that the engine that crapped all over my hand?

240sx #2 Aka "Turbo Ant Farm"

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:27 am 
Site Admin

as most of you know a tree fell on my typhoon while i was waiting on my valve covers to get welded up. about the same time that happened i was in a bad accident, and out of the game for a good 6 months. after that i had ryan's forester inside hogging the "fab" lift, and had to let my typhoon sit outside. now that all of that has been taken care of its finally time to fix this truck and put it back together the right way.

heres what it looked like when i pulled it out of the weeds

e

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:33 am 
Site Admin

the first thing to do was clean it real good before i pulled it inside. the interior had some mold on it so once i got it inside i used a special cleaner with solvent thats leather safe. so far its working great. iv also got the ac running pulling all the water out of the air so that the mold cant continue to grow.

e

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:41 am 
Site Admin

the body guy thats helping me with some of the sheet metal work, stopped by and reassured me its fixable. we talked about what options i had, and how to best make it happen. at the moment we are planning on a new roof without a roof rack and a completely new paint job. this typhoon was hit prior to me owning it. i can see some welding on the front bumper support, and i can also see the hood and left fender is slightly off color from the rest of the truck. with it having been hit once before, and a tree falling on it, its safe to say its had a hard life and that nothing i do to it would be harming a "mint collectible" truck. the first step will be getting the interior out of it, and sending it off to the body shop for a few weeks to get the sheet metal work knocked out.

e