It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:01 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:33 am 
Site Admin

been driving the truck around and all i can say is WOW this converter is amaizing. Its a custom 11" 2600rpm converter matched to the weight of the truck and the torque/horsepower output of this motor. it seems to stall around the same point the 2800 did but it has much better feel and response than the old 9/11. The turbo spool is still instant, when you lay into it. the 9/11 felt more sloppy down low, like the truck didnt really want to pull good till you were up beyond the stall speed.....where as this one is wonderfully responsive at any given engine load. i expect my gas milage will go up with this change as well.

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:50 am 

Nice. I love making improvements such as this that make the vehicle so much more enjoyable to drive. I like the Ethanol sticker too.

240sx #2 Aka "Turbo Ant Farm"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

got some cool new 13" rotors for the front..... not ready to install them yet tho. truck died the other night and i havnt fixed it yet. its at my house and its outside....... so untill it warmes up a little bit it can just sit there. im not gonna freeze my butt off working on it. its way too cold to worrie with it right now. would have been awesome if it broke at the shop where i have a nice heated place to work on it. oh well..... im sure it will be in the 50's again in a few days.

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:52 pm 

Mmmmmm big brakes makes me happy in the pants!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:12 am 
Site Admin

finally finished the install. the only hard thing about this kit is modding the spindle so that the adapter plate fits flat against the back of it. well.......i also took about 2-4lbs of weight off the spindle from misc. crap that was no longer needed. it looks a lot better and im sure it weighs a lot less.

time to take a bath!

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:00 pm 

:shock:

240sx #2 Aka "Turbo Ant Farm"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:06 pm 
Site Admin

been driving the alky powered sy for quite a while now with no real issues untill today..... minor problem but it definately needed fixing. 2 of the relays i installed were being fed from a single 30a fuse and when i upgraded to the big weldon fuel pump i didnt realize that the relays were not on their own circuits (everything was wire loomed). so anyway, a combination of external heat source and high current draw completely melted the fuse holder and 30a fuse.

i bought a distribution block with (6) circuits, and fed it with a jumbo 4awg fine stranded car stereo cable. shouldnt have anymore issues and it looks better anyway.

e

Last edited by e-rue on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 am 
Site Admin

we found a new driver for the syclone......

e

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

converted the truck to code 59 and totally retuned it. also been spending a lot of time with the syspension to see if i can make it any better and make sure that the componnts we designed and built are durable/reliable and work the way they are susposed to. we just finished up a track car and we are going to the track to see how it does. since im going to the track anyway im gonna try to run teh syclone if they will let me. time to add a swaybar and corner weight the truck! the scale picture turned out crappy but it says the total weight of the truck is 3334lbs, the front wheels have roughly 1050lbs on them and the rears have roughly 600lbs on them. the driverside has a little more weight on it because the fuel tank is on the driverside. the front passengerside coilover needed a little adjusting but nothing major. after weighning it im realizing just how nose heavy a syclone is. gonna be interesting to see how she does on the track!

e

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:26 am 
Site Admin

couple pictures from the track. the first one is sitting in the staging area cooling off. the second one is all the noobs walking the track before racing on it. we walked the track after about 30 minutes of school, then had another 30 min of school, and drove it at 35mph, then had even more school before we were allowed to go fast. it was a long morning. lol

e

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:37 pm 
Site Admin

we are getting ready to release version 2 of the dual spring coilover kit. not a major change from the last kit, but it has longer springs so that you can get a little more ride height out of it. should have it on the truck for testing in the next couple of days.

e

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

couple new photos of the syclone.... the paint is a faded really have to wax it good to make it shiny. couple splotches of paint popped off on the hood. not sure why but it looks bad. it was sprinkling this morning when i woke up.

e

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:11 pm 

I don't care about any paint popping off, or anything like that... I still love that truck. My mind is forever etched with the first time we were cruising up and down Capital Blvd and you launched that at a stoplight! Great sight!