It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:03 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:19 am 

sweet i wish i had that skill, now fix my car!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:59 am 

NICE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

chambers are done.

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:40 pm 
Site Admin

modified the pushrod holes so the pushrods wont touch the side of the head as the ratio of rocker increases from 1.5:1 to 1.7:1
(bottom one is done top one is not)

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

had to add some more weld to the intake. just got it back from jeff.

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:57 am 
Site Admin

the cam is in.

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:05 pm 
Site Admin

machined the spring seats......bottom head shows what they look like stock.

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

got the rails cut, and its looking like the 1.7 rockers are totally do-able. the next step will be bolting everything up with the right length pushrods and testing piston to valve clearance.

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:57 am 

Question did you go over the ports with a sanding wheel thingy(cant remember the name at the moment) if you did where you get it from? I cant find them...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:52 am 

Quote:
Question did you go over the ports with a sanding wheel thingy(cant remember the name at the moment) if you did where you get it from? I cant find them...
Standard Abbrassives sells a "porting kit" that includes a couple dozen cartridge rolls (aka sanding wheel thingys) and the mandrels for ~$45. Jegs.com or summitracing.com sells these kits.

You can find tons of the cartridge rolls on ebay for pennies apiece if you plan on doing more than just a couple sets of heads. I picked up 400 of them (80 grit) a few weeks ago for ~$60 shipped from ebay but be aware that they are off shore and of poor quality (at least mine were) and they wear out probably three times faster than the Standard Abrassive/3M rolls do.

http://gallery.turbotime.us/albums/myclone/acd.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:06 am 
Site Admin

been playing with the intake a little bit.... its still not quite what i was after, but im gonna let it go..... just too much time and special tools to take it much furthur than it is now.

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:40 am 

ohhh oohhh mine next!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

well after drilling and tapping the head for the old school bolt pattern on the sy/ty intake, i decided to bolt it in place to see how all the port work in the intake manifold looked when everything is assembled.

long story short....... it sucks. i have seen a ton of pics of how other syty'ers do their intakes (similar to mine) and even more that dont do any port work at all. so i know it works with the big mismatch, and the poor line of sight created by all the extra material around the injector bung. iv seen how richard does his intakes and now i finally understand why. theres a big pinch point in the intake manifold where the injector bung is. line of sight is bad, and with the raised runner head, it becomes a LOT worse. i thought i removed a lot of material, but after looking at it assembled, i think i can do a lot better. probably gonna have to buy another carbide cutter thats really small. hopefully you guys can see what i mean by this pic. your looking down the intake port, and intao the head. theres a blueish LED light where the valve would be. if you look at the bottom of the lighted area, you can see a slight hump...... thats where i need to get more aggressive with the grinder.

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:58 am 

I still like my idea of cutting the roof off the intake and raising it :shrug: . Cut the roof off, raise it ~.250", weld it back on, fill the intake port floor in the head even with the short side radius, and throw it on a flow bench. Betcha you'll be suprised......if not I'll buy ya a beer.

http://gallery.turbotime.us/albums/myclone/acd.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:12 pm 
Site Admin

well i removed what i thougth was a huge amount of material. its not a perfect line of sight, but its pretty close. i know theres more to be had, but not for any reasonable amount of effort. i worked this first port considerably more this time, and it payed off. im happy..... just need 5 more of them exactly the same. ill probably be pissed that i messed with it by the time i finish the other 5 just like this one. hahaha

also spent a little time grinding down the welds, so that once its painted, you cant really tell how much work has been done to this intake. try to ignore my wifes flying moo-cow slippers, and monkey toe socks.

e

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next