So I went online and entered my data into the belltech website and ordered a rear shackle kit that says 2-3" drop (depending on weather you remove the lift blocks). I used amazon cause they had a decent price, I had a credit, and free 2 day shipping. I also grabbed a set of 2 deg shims in case the shackles changed the angle that the driveshaft entered into the rear end.
next i broke out my angle finder so that I could measure the angle of the rear end when it was sitting flat on the ground.
I pulled the truck in and picked it up so I could get started.
This is where things started going south...... I knew that the longer the shackle the more the drop, and also the more the angle of the rear end changes. Much to my dismay i quickly realized that my 2" drop shackles were shorter than the stock shackles, and if I installed them I would be lifting the truck rather than lowering it.
I quickly ran to the computer to try to figure out how I ordered the wrong part. What I found is that the application guide is wrong. I then decided to punt and at least remove the lift blocks only to find in the instructions that if i remove them I need additional parts not included in the kit...... thats when I made this face. I was literally thinking FUCK belltech.